Can You Really Earn Money from Casino Games with the Best Odds?

Have you ever thought of making money out of casino games? Well, you’re not alone in this. Most people playing in casinos play with the same intention.

You’ve heard of people hitting the jackpot with minimal bet amounts while others suffer from immense loses after just 10 minutes into the game. Both the casino and player risk losing something when players decide to place a bet in one of the games.

House Edge

If we’re going to talk about the chances of earning real money from casino games, we’re going to have to start off by talking about house edge. All casinos have a built-in feature working the game odds in the casino’s favor. So it should not come as a surprise to players that players should actually expect to lose when it comes to gambling.

There’s no definitive percentage for house edge as it could shift depending on how well players can play the games. Different games also have different built-in house edges. For example, a player who’s rather familiar with Blackjack and its strategies will probably be playing at a 2 to 3% disadvantage. Someone who’s not will be playing at a higher disadvantage, and as the gameplay drags on, that’s when the house edge comes into effect.

Another way would be to choose a game with a low house edge, but more about that next time.

RTP (Return to Player)

Return to player, or more commonly known as RTP, is the percentage of money wagered that will be returned to players over time. Contrary to the house edge, RTP favors the players. However, the effects of RTP can usually only be seen over an extended period of time.

For example, if a slot machine has a house edge of 10%, the RTP rate will be about 90%. This means that after returning 90% of the wagered money to players, the remaining 10% will go to the casino. This does not mean players will win 90% of the time, or 90% of the winnings as a matter of fact. House edge and RTPs can only be calculated over a long time, and even then, RTPs are distributed back to players at random. Remember that when one player wins, another loses. It’ll be difficult to win 90% of the amount you’ve wagered in a short amount of time.

Bonuses

Online casinos offer various bonuses to encourage either new players to sign up, or for existing players to play more. Depending on the casino, they could offer real cash, free spins or other kinds of bonuses.

This is something only commonly found in online casinos rather than land-based ones, which is why some players prefer to turn to online casinos in hopes of earning that extra cash. Online casinos know that their bonuses are what pulls the crowd in, so they utilize it by introducing various kinds of bonuses to pull in new players.

However, there’s a catch to this. Even if you do receive a significant amount of winnings in your account, you’d have to clear off your wagering requirements before you’re able to withdraw. Some players would rather give up withdrawing than to waste time on the wagering requirements.

All in all, casinos, regardless if it’s online or land-based, have their own set of preventive measures to prevent players from winning actual cash easily. Can you earn actual money from casinos? Yes and no. Although there is a chance that you might walk off with thousands of dollars, the chances of you losing a little bit more than what you started off with remains higher. Leaving while you’re still ahead of the game may be your best shot.